Marrakech is a former imperial city of Morocco. It has always been known as a pleasure city and market place. It’s a city of immense beauty. I have always lived in Marrakech and I know a lot about the city through experience. When you book the tour with me I will show you the hidden sites inside the Medina, the sites that you cannot find on your own in the same day.
As a female tour guide, I give you a general idea about Marrakech and Morocco from a woman’s perspective while paying attention to the details about the real public life. Also you will learn about the way of life of people of Morocco. The Medina is big and confusing, you will need my services to show you all the major sites. The great square of Djemaa-el-Fna is a bus station and stores of restaurants selling kebabs, tajines, fish, meat, vegetables, sweets and drinks. The souks of Marrakech covering a square kilometre sells everything from carpets, herbs to jewellery and clothes. The city has many sites and you will get to visit the major one.
– I will meet you in your hotel. Then start your tour with a guided sightseeing of historical sites of Marrakech.
– Begin with a stop at the foot of the 12th century Koutoubia Minaret; one of the masterpieces of Islamic architecture. Visit from outside.
– Continue on to the Kasbah (fortress) here you will visit the Royal Mausoleum of early dynasty rulers, Saadian Tombs. See stunning Arabo-andalousian architecture surrounding the burial ground. Then walk through the Mellah; the 16th century Jewish quarter where the Jews used to live.
– Continue until the Aristocratic Bahia Palace. Stroll through the famous Jamaa El fena Square; the ancient meeting point of the tradesmen in northwest Africa.
Have a rest and lunch.
– In the afternoon visit the colourful souks of Marrakech, you will discover lots of workshops of handicraft. During your tour you will learn about the real public life.
Let me know of your interests and we can create a day together that will allow you to see and do the things you want.
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting Point Options: Hotel, Suggested by Guide: I can pick you up from your hotel /Riad or meet you wherever we agree.
Duration: 5 hours
The weather and traffic may affect the duration of the tour.
During this tour we will have use of a Car & Driver with A/C to transport us to various locations. We will also do some walking.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
500 dhs – To pay for the fees to sites ,meals and souvenirs….There is a possibility of increases.
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks